Although the Perry Conference for 2013 has come and gone, The Perry Conference for 2014 is already scheduled!
It is on November 6 & 7, 2014, at the Fairgrounds in Perry, so set your calendars for a great training event next year! Click HERE for more information >>> more
When looking for a Professional please read this page.
Georgia Department of Agriculture Public Notice 14-01
This shall serve as notice that the April 8, 2014 meeting of the Georgia Structural Pest Control Commission, originally scheduled for 9:30AM in Room 201 of the Agriculture Building has changed location. The April 8, 2014 meeting of the Georgia Structural Pest Control Commission is scheduled for 10:00 AM and will be held in the conference room of the Savannah State Farmer’s Market located at 701 US Highway 80 West Savannah, Georgia 31408.
Anyone needing any other additional information may contact Derrick Lastinger at (404) 656-3641.
Please go to the link above.
New Expanded and Updated OSHA Workbook. From CPCO of Flordia
Order yours today! The best of Pest Control Operators.
NEW GDOA CALL CENTER
TOLL Free: 855-424-5423
Certified Operators 90 DAY No Credit Time
One of the new rule changes will wipe out the 90 Day period before the renewal date, for certified operators. The Department is already honoring this change which will allow certified operators to start earning hours for their next five year period the day after they have hit the 90 Day deadline.
For example, if your PCO license expires on May 31, 2014 your deadline to earn hours for that period is Feb. 31, 2013.
This will allow you to start earning credits for the next five year period – on March 1, 2014.
The NEW RULES ARE READY TO READ. Here is a link to the Dept. of Ag. for the New Rules.
A new webpage has been created to host the amended Rules of the Georgia Structural Pest Control Commission (SPCC) which become effective on April 1st. The new page includes all chapters of the rules of the SPCC, the 2014 Residential Building Code (RBC) for under-floor ventilation, the rule implementation, assistance & compliance timeline, Structural Pest Control Act of 1955 and FIFRA. Laws & Regulations webpage - http://www.agr.georgia.gov/laws-and-regulations.aspx
- The new rules will be implemented between April to June (2014). You need to learn and use the new rules as the true COMPLIANCE and ENFORCEMENT of the rules will begin January 1st , 2015. The Commission is giving us a good long time to adapt and use the new rules. If you have any questions please just ask. Remember after January 1st , no more freebees or I did not know the rule was changed will be accepted.
- New Employees. The new rules for your new employees will mean you will have more time to get their CEU’s. Using the old rules, if you hired someone December 31 of an even-numbered year, they had just a few months to earn all their CEU’s. The new rule, pushes this date back to September 30. This means if you hire someone after September 30th , 2014, this gives them until February 28th , 2015 to earn CEU’s.
- Registered Employees CEU deadline. Registered Employees will have two months less to earn the needed credit hours. The new deadline will be February 28th 2015.
- Beginning April 1st , 2014, CEU’s must be turned into the Department within 30 days of the training date. All the instructors that are in the Department’s data base will receive an advisory. This will help us all keep up with our hours.
- Other new rules will be on the Commission web site real soon.